Sales Assistant’s Job Description
Inspired by Cape Town, our love for adventure, and our mission to protect the outdoors - Sealand is a lifestyle brand that focuses on responsibly made gear and apparel. Our mission is to ensure that every decision we make keeps the planet and its people front and centre. With this in mind, all of our bags and apparel are handmade from waste or responsibly and ethically sourced materials.
The structural waste or meticulously sourced material is then combined with high-quality hardware, innovative design, and expert craftsmanship to create gear that will last a lifetime. Our upcycled and responsibly sourced materials are sturdy and weather resistant, making them perfect for any adventure.
About the Role
Sealand is looking for a passionate Sales Assistant to bring the Sealand spirit of adventure to our two Cape Town stores. If you are passionate about the outdoors, the environment and making a difference and think that you can help to sell products that change the world, then this job is for you!
- Passionate about the planet and its people.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of sales experience within retail or luxury retail or relevant customer related experience.
- Flexibility to work various shifts and days of the week.
- Willingness to work non-traditional business hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Shopify Point of Sales (POS) system.
- Dynamic team player with ability to work well with others.
- Must have authorisation to work in the country where the position is based.
- Business proficiency in English, but more languages will be advantageous.
- Opening and closing the store.
- Welcoming customers and educating them about the products and the brand concept.
- Processing sales on shopify and speed point.
- Cashing up at every end of day.
- Reporting on daily sales and foot count to the manager.
- Displaying stock according to Sealand’s guidelines.
- Doing stock count every week.
- Handling customer complaints to make sure they live a good Sealand experience.
- Making sure repairs are processed to the satisfaction of customers.
- Handling customers orders that are ready for pick up.
- Helping with customer profiling.
- Making sure the shop is kept clean to the Sealand standard.
- You will be working on an average of 5-6 shifts a week. Each shift is from 9-5pm or 9-9 depending on the location.
- The shifts will juggle between our two Cape Town locations: the store outside the V&A Waterfront as well as our Kiosk inside the Waterfront.
- You will be paid an hourly rate as well as a commission structure.
** Please note: Should you feel you qualify for this role, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com