Supply chain manager/ Operations manager
Please apply to: Leila@sealandgear.com with your Cover Letter and Resume.
History: Rooted in Cape Town’s southern peninsula where mountains and ocean so vividly connect, Sealand was born with a conviction of keeping the environment front and centre alongside inspired functional designs and longevity. Smart material selection, compelling functionality and product durability are all palpable features of what we make. Our team lives the Sealand brand with combined passions for business, for the wondrous outdoors, for life.
Industry: Upcycled & Recycled Bags & Apparel
Our Purpose: Together, we are the creative minds and fabrication specialists behind Sealand Gear, bringing inspired design in upcycled material texture combinations from the drawing board to the rack. Sealand creates environmentally smart high-end Bags, Accessories and Apparel. We reuse the structural properties and textures of waste material in a new context while mitigating the generation of waste and promoting sustainability. We try to play our part for the environment and by supporting us you do too.
Small manufacturer/retailer requires an experienced supply chain manager/ operations manager to ensure the supply chain and logistics operations function properly.
This role will collaborate with other departments, such as Production, Retail and Finance, to create effective business plans. An ability to work in a team is important. The candidate must also have experience in project management, as well as great leadership and communication ability.
Cape Town - Hout Bay area
Full time role
Main area of expertise required:
Excel + Evidence of use of relevant software relevant to the skillset – ie: EDI
- Create the company’s supply chain strategy
- Full responsibility for the movement, storage and distribution of stock
- Warehouse control maintenance
- Control over receiving, storing and dispatch of stock
- Pick and packing of items
- Weekly stock counts
- Security of stock
- Management of warehouse clerk
- Physical store stock management
- Control monitoring of receiving and storage in store
- Review of store staff with Retail manager
- Weekly stock count
- E-commerce stock management
- Control over stock sold via E-commerce channel
- Optimisation of stock flow to e-commerce and stock holding
- Management of the shipping partnerships and fulfillment on e-commerce
- Stock taking and reporting of number to management
- Review of variances
- Monitoring of stock levels for all sales streams
- Monitor logistics to make sure they run smoothly
- For all orders - local and international
- Ensuring international wholesalers requirements are met
- Monthly stock review meetings with management to evaluate and report on KPIs
- Find cost-effective solutions for supply chain processes
- Analyse data from shipping and delivering processes to find bottlenecks/other issues
- Train and guide employees
- Resolve issues that come up (e.g. delays in delivery, accidents)
- Collaborate with other departments to create coordinated plans for business growth
- Develop and implement safety guidelines in all aspects of the supply chain
- Ensure supply chain processes meet legal requirements and standards
- Working in conjunction with production manager, retail manager and reporting to CFO and CEO
- Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or similar field with minimum of 5 to 10 years previous experience as a supply chain manager or in a similar field
- Technically competent with a deep understanding of supply chain and logistics
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Creative problem-solving
- A strategic and analytical mind
- Understanding of ERP systems
- Ability to take ownership and work responsibility.
- Mature, trustworthy, and ethical.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Good presentation and communication skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Minimum 5-10 years relevant working experience.